First impressions can be a hard thing to go through in any situation.
During an interview you want to really give the best first impression that you can.
There are many small things that you may do to assure that you give the best impression possible:
• You are never being too polite to the person that directs you to your waiting area when waiting to be interviewed. A small gesture such as, asking how they are doing can work wonders for you when you leave the building later.
• Whilst waiting to be interviewed, sit properly and behave as if everyone passing you by is your potential interviewer. They just could be. Smile at people as much as you can, but don't overdo it. Don’t act impatient or bored because it sends the wrong message. Some interviewers might keep you waiting just to see how you handle yourself.
• Greet your interviewer with a good handshake and a smile.
• Remain standing until your interviewer asks you to be seated. It’s simply polite and shows proper etiquette.
• Again, dress according to the type of job that you’re applying for.
• Show yourself as well organized by having all things with you needed for the interview.
• Whilst waiting do not eat or drink.
• Do not chat on your cell phone whilst waiting for your interviewer. It can make you look distracted.